-

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Help for Easy Bruising

QUESTION: I have a problem that I can't get a satisfactory answer for from any of the doctors I've seen.
It's that I bruise so very easily, even when I haven't knocked myself or fallen.
Except for being advised not to take aspirin, I have gotten no help.
Can you help me?

ANSWER: I'm not sure that my answer will please you any more than the other doctors, but I will be happy to tell you what I know about your situation. You are probably a sufferer from Purpura Simplex, the most common vascular bleeding disorder.
It represents a situation where the vessels which carry the blood are more fragile than normal and break or rupture easily.
Most often we find this condition in women, who like you complain of bruises on the thighs, buttocks and upper arms, that seemingly have no cause.
Sometimes the history may reveal that another member of the family has suffered from the same problem, but laboratory tests of the blood fail to show anything abnormal in the mechanisms that control clotting and coagulation.
There are no medications effective in controlling the condition, and because we know that aspirin and aspirin containing medications can reduce the way blood clots, many doctors advise avoiding this chemical, even in the absence of any real evidence that the bruising is caused by aspirin.
The good news is that it is not at all a serious condition, and aside from producing some unsightly bruises, will not effect your general health in any way.


The material contained here is "FOR INFORMATION ONLY" and should not replace the counsel and advice of your personal physician.
Promptly consulting your doctor is the best path to a quick and successful resolution of any medical problem.

Marketing via the internet draws potential clients from all over the globe. That's what makes the internet such a powerful money-making vessel.
Shaving is removing hair from the face or other body part with a razor. Some people do not shave the chin, this is called a goatee beard.